Longmont Homeowner’s Guide
To Replacement Windows
You Can Get Best-Quality Windows
When You Choose The Right Company
Finding a top-quality replacement window can take a little effort, but it’s worth it.
Many Longmont homeowners who are searching for new windows think they’ll have to sort through a lot of claims to find the exact right window to match their needs.
But if you do go looking for new windows, you’ll discover that you can rule out most replacement windows quickly. The truth is most windows are of very average quality.
There are some minor feature differences, but don’t spend a lot of time looking at hundreds of different windows because most of them are the same in all the key areas.
The windows are so similar in some cases that different companies are selling the same window from the same manufacturer – just calling the windows by a different name!
Here’s what the average replacement window being offered to Longmont homeowners looks like:
- A single or double-pane window with some energy efficient qualities.
- A hollow or foam-filled vinyl frame that might be reinforced in a few areas.
- No special design features and a standard look.
- The windows come with a “Lifetime” warranty, but the exact duration is often unclear and there are typically a bunch of exclusions and loopholes.
Avoid these mediocre windows. Your home will be less comfortable, your energy bills will be higher than they should be, and your windows will not make your home as attractive as it could be.
While the overwhelming majority of replacement windows are of this average quality, that doesn’t mean that’s your only choice.
There is a best-quality replacement window available to Longmont homeowners, and it is better in every respect from typical windows.
For starters, homeowners should always look for triple-pane glass. Almost 90% of a window is glass – so the glass is the most important part! Don’t let a window company talk you into anything less than triple-pane. You’ll be glad you chose triple-pane when you find out:
- How much more comfortable your home is with triple-pane glass
- How much more energy you’ll save with triple-pane glass
- How much quieter your home is with triple-pane glass
- How much more secure your home is because triple-pane glass is harder to remove
The next thing to look at in any window you are considering is the strength of the frame. For a window frame to be strong and durable, it needs to be reinforced throughout with High Density Resin. Avoid frames with very limited reinforcement, and especially avoid hollow vinyl frames.
You should also look for windows that increase the curb appeal of your home. An elegant, low-maintenance window is the best choice.
For a window that meets all of these requirements, reach out to Ameritech Windows. Ameritech has the absolute best windows for Longmont homes. Ameritech is a company that has been installing windows locally for 25+ years and is A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau.